Our Mission & Goals
Our goal is to provide youth with a summer camp experience that:
- Stimulates love for and care of the natural world: Our staff teach basic ecological principles and lead outdoor opportunities and activities that encourage campers to develop an affinity for nature.
- Promotes discovery of one's own dignity and worth:Geneva Glen provides an atmosphere which allows campers to "be themselves." Counselors offer campers the opportunity to voice their opinions and celebrate their own uniqueness and individuality.
- Encourages respect for all races, creeds, and backgrounds:At Geneva Glen, campers and staff prove themselves by their actions. As campers develop into leaders, their example of respect for all is rewarded by encouragement and opportunities for higher and greater leadership and meaningful contribution to the camp program.
- Develops commitment to enduring values and respect:Geneva Glen’s culture transcends fashion as demonstrated simply by its enduring reputation as a "place out-of-time;"a place where values are taught and lived. Campers demonstrate commitment to respect as they are taught, through role-modeling, the value of good sportsmanship, and strong camaraderie in the dorm or cabin.
- Inspires service and responsibility to foster exemplary school and community leaders:As a strong sense of personal worth and individuality are nutured at Geneva Glen, campers are encouraged to take these values back home and promote constructive behaviors and attitude in their home community.
Campers achieve these goals through activities and programs led by skilled leaders. These young-adult leaders conduct a varied and exciting program that includes horseback riding, swimming, outdoor adventure programming (hiking, camping, rappelling, ropes course, etc.), archery, cookouts, music, dance, drama, arts-and-crafts, pageantry, rich ceremony, and much more. Our success can be measured by the high rate of returning campers and staff members – on average, 75% of campers and 80% of staff return to Geneva Glen each summer. Geneva Glen is one of very few camps able to boast fifth-generation campers.
"Geneva Glen has been regarded as “magic.”"
It is a place “out of time,” it transcends fashion, and it liberates participants from the pressures of the “real world”. Geneva Glen seeks to empower all campers and staff to live at their highest level and to enrich their home communities by virtue of their substance and strength of character, enlarged through their Geneva Glen experience.